In exercise of the powers conferred by section
156 of the Customs Act, 1962 (52 of 1962), and in supersession of notifications
No. 82 dated the 26th November, 1951, No. 289-Cus. dated the 7th
December, 1957, and No. 34-Cus. dated the 28th February, 1959, except
as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the Central
Government hereby makes the following rules, namely :-
1. Short title and commencement. – (1) These rules may be called the Publication
of Daily Lists of Imports and Exports Rules.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official
2. Publication of daily lists of imports and exports. – (1) The Commissioner
of Customs shall publish or cause to be published in such manner as he deems fit,
a list of all goods imported into or exported from a port functioning on the Electronic
Data Interchange (EDI) system.
Explanation: For the purposes of these
rules, “the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) system” means the customs computer
system, through which an electronic declaration or manifest, of the particulars
relating to imported or exported goods, is lodged by the authorized person through
the data-entry facility provided at the service center or the data communication
networking facility provided by the National Informatics Centre, from the authorized
(2) The publication referred to in sub-rule (1) shall be sufficient if the list
mentioned therein are exhibited on the notice board or web-site of the custom house.
3. Particulars of publication. – (1) The particulars referred to in rule
2 shall contain the following particulars, namely :-